Leadership Development Certificate
BECOME A LEADER IN YOUR INDUSTRY
Boost your career potential with a certificate!
Leadership development is a topic that crosses all sectors and industries. Employment trends in the public and private sectors indicate that employers are looking for employees who can lead and manage in an ever-evolving environment. Enroll in the Leadership Development certificate and boost your career potential!
Core Courses (3 Courses)
The core Leadership Development certificate courses lay the groundwork for building leadership skills. Focusing on leadership and communication studies, the core courses build on soft skills that employers demand. Students are required to complete the following courses:
- Introduction to Liberal Studies
- Introduction to Leadership
- Writing with a Purpose
Elective Courses (3 courses)
Students select the remaining three courses from a list of available options. Select a topic that is most interesting to you, or choose to focus on an area that you want to improve. Choose three courses from this list:
- Transformative Leadership
- Collaborative Leadership Dynamics
- Conflict Resolution
- Mentoring and Development
- Introduction to Organizational Communication
- Administrative Leadership and Behavior
There are no admission requirements for students who wish to enroll in the Leadership Development certificate. Students can apply to the program by submitting the following application materials:
- Unofficial transcripts for any previous credits attended
- A completed Application Form
You can mail your materials to us at:
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Division of Online and Continuing Education
800 Algoma Boulevard
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Applying as a Special Student
Prior to submitting the online application, we encourage you to connect with an advisor for the Leadership Development certificate program. Call (920) 424-0234 or email email@example.com If you want to enroll in a certificate program at UW Oshkosh, you must apply as a Special Student. Special Student status means that you are not seeking a degree.
- You will apply to UW Oshkosh using the online UW System application or downloadable PDF application. Select either “visitor/guest student at the undergraduate level” or “undergraduate courses for personal/professional enrichment” when applying.
- You do not pay the UW System $50 application fee.
- There is no $100 enrollment deposit needed for special students. You will be able to enroll without additional paperwork on the enrollment date assigned for special students. (Typically 4–6 weeks prior to the start of the semester you’re applying for.)
If you’re interested in this program or would like to know more, please contact UW Oshkosh at (920) 424-0234 or toll free at (800) 633-1442. You can also request information by completing this online form.