K.E.Y. Programs • Creating Vitality through Diet and Lifestyle Habits
Creating Vitality Through Diet and Lifestyle Habits
Learn how to be your own wellness coach.
This course will teach you how to eat best for your health and wellness goals. Choosing nutrient dense foods and the correct composition of macronutrients makes a difference to your weight, energy levels and overall vitality. Daily movement is critical to health in the body, life is movement! We will explore ways to support better digestion, sleep and energy levels. This course will introduce you to the following approaches to creating a lifestyle that supports health and wellness through:
- Creating healthy meals for one or two people
- Choosing herbs and dietary supplements to support common concerns
- Identifying the best forms of movement/exercise for your lifestyle and goals
- Tools to support getting a great night’s sleep.
This course is broken down into four, two-hour sessions that each have a specific focus and learning objectives.
Session 1: Nutrition
- Guide to macronutrients & composition in diet
- ID of high energy foods and foods that drain energy
- Use of the hunger & fullness scale
- Reading Labels & Navigating Restaurant Menus
- Discussion of nutrient dense recipes
Session 2: Herbs and Supplements
- Brief history of herbal medicine and current regulation in United States
- How to choose high quality and safe herbs and supplements (unadulterated products)
- Herbs for common concerns
- Supplements that almost everyone should take daily and why
- How to talk to your doctor about herbs and supplements
- Growing your own herbs and resources for procuring
Session 3: Movement and Exercise
- Movement and exercise defined
- Why it is so important and what the studies tell us
- Different types of movement and exercise
- ID best type for you
- Action plan for daily movement
- Kettlebell demonstration
Session 4: Sleep
- Review of the history of sleep and how our sleep cycles have changed
- Sleep-health connection
- The importance of sleep hygiene
- Herbs and supplements to support sleep
- Tools for a good night’s sleep
The program fee is $99. UW Oshkosh alumni, faculty and staff receive a $10 discount.
There are limited scholarships available. Please contact Julie Kiefer, Program Manager, for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 424-3106.
UWO Appleton Executive Education Center, Classroom #2, 107B
2323 East Capitol Drive
Appleton, WI 54911
Rebecca Aldag, MBA, MS, CNS, SFG is a certified nutritionist and possesses a Master of Science in Herbal Medicine from the Maryland University of Integrative Health.
She has been in private practice since 2005, initially in Washington DC and Maryland, and now maintains an office in Neenah.
She is a Certified Kettlebell Instructor and teaches at Anu Fitness in Neenah, WI. Her website is: www.RebeccaAldag.com