Become a Member
Anyone 55 and older who is interested in pursuing lifelong learning may join Learning in Retirement (LIR).
The annual membership fee for LIR is $100. Membership received after January 1, will be $50 for the spring semester. Membership renewals are due on or before July 1, each year. New members may join at any time.
Membership entitles you to participate in an unlimited number of courses for one academic year (fall and spring semesters), along with some summer activities. Day trips and other special events are available at an additional cost.
The LIR annual membership fee of $100 allows you to:
Attend unlimited courses for one academic year, including:
- Learning sessions led by experts in their fields
- Member-led interest and study groups
- Member-taught learning sessions
- Tours of local business and industry
- The ability to take part in on and off-campus performances (theater and music) and coach bus trips to enjoy museums, gardens, and local cuisine (These often have an extra charge for tickets, admittance fees, food, and transportation.)
Purchase a UWO Titan Card for $5, which entitles you to:
- City of Oshkosh transit buses at no cost
- Access to Polk Library
- UWO’s Healthy Titans Program
- Put money on your Titan Card to use at campus dining locations, the University Book Store and More and campus vending and copy machines.
Call us at (920) 424-1219 to reserve a time to purchase your Titan Card.
Current members who want to renew should submit the Membership Renewal Form and mail it to the LIR office at:
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Division of Online and Continuing Education
Learning in Retirement
800 Algoma Boulevard
Oshkosh, WI 54901
You may also call (920) 424-0876 or (800) 633-1442 for more information.
Not sure about joining until you try a class? Be our guest!
Be our guest at a course of your choice. A course is a short program that does not require an additional fee for participation.