Paralegal Certificate and Courses
Programs marked with a are full certificate programs with the classes listed underneath. All classes, whether they are part of a certificate program or not, may be taken as stand-alone courses.Means the program is instructor-lead. Means the program is student-directed. Learn the difference.
Take on a new career as a paralegal, or get ahead in the field you already love. Earn a paralegal certificate and boost your career potential!
PARALEGAL TRAINING PROGRAM
$1,499 for the 6-month program • View start dates and register online
This state-of-the-art paralegal home training course makes it possible for a student to quickly and easily learn this complex, prestigious and fascinating discipline. The program was developed by a battle-tested paralegal and is delivered through an “accelerated instruction technology” in a platform learning style. It is a fast-track program and should take no more than 5 to 6 months to complete.
The career outlook is excellent. Many opportunities exist for paralegals and legal assistants to specialize in various types of law practice, such as real estate, criminal, family, personal injury, business, etc., with job opportunities steadily increasing. This course consists of 2 sections.
- Section I is the module which teaches all about law basics and law office operations.
- Section II focuses on law specialties, complete with samples of pleadings, formats, and citations.
The course is streamlined and yet comprehensive – and provides everything needed to enter the workforce. It is designed to teach the functions and processes of institutions in the U.S. legal system, roles and issues in the field, and selected specialties of law. It discusses employment opportunities and provides resource websites for research purposes to enhance educational skills as well as to provide opportunities to network for employment.
- The complete course also covers broader and more general issues directly relevant to the profession. You will learn:
- American Law, court systems and litigation
- Interview techniques
- Legal writing (including a grammar refresher)
- Legal research
- Citation use
- Legal document preparation and pleadings (optional, not required)