Prepare for the ACT Exam!
NEW! Online offering – prepare in your pajamas
Fall & Winter: Saturday mornings on the UW Oshkosh Campus
|Online (Enroll Anytime)||Click here to register online today|
|Fall 2017: Oct. 14–Nov. 18||Click here to register online today|
|Winter 2018: Jan. 6–Feb. 10||Click here to register online today|
A strong performance on the ACT can make the difference in gaining admittance to or receiving financial aid for your top college choices. Give yourself the edge you need to direct your own future by attending the UW Oshkosh ACT Test Prep Course!
The ACT contains four curriculum-based tests that measure academic achievement in English, reading, math and science reasoning. Through the UW Oshkosh ACT prep program, you will strengthen your academic skills and learn test-taking strategies that will prepare you for the ACT. This course will help you gain acceptance to the college of your choice and receive academic scholarships.
This program provides 12 hours of instruction in the four academic areas and teaches writing strategies to assist students in the essay part of the ACT exam. Participants will receive an orientation to the ACT and the opportunity to take two official retired ACT tests, as well as additional quizzes. The instructors will teach test-taking strategies for each of the components and for the entire test, and students will practice with printed materials where test-taking tips can be applied and reinforced. Finally, students will complete interactive skill drills in their individual deficit areas, which are measured by the diagnostic test.
- Take a full-length retired ACT test and receive detailed reports identifying specific strengths and weaknesses.
- Receive and utilize a textbook containing modules to focus on specific strategies, skills, and practice passages.
- Have access to five full-length tests to further practice the skills and strategies they learned.
- Take a full-length retired ACT post-test to determine growth and additional areas to focus on prior to taking the real exam.
Fall 2017 ACT Test Prep Course Schedule (Saturday mornings)
|Oct. 14||9 a.m. – Noon||Pre-Test|
|Oct. 21||9 a.m. – Noon||Reading|
|Oct. 28||9 a.m. – Noon||English|
|Nov. 4||9 a.m. – Noon||Science|
|Nov. 11||9 a.m. – Noon||Math|
|Nov. 18||9 a.m. – Noon||Post-Test|
Winter 2018 ACT Test Prep Course Schedule (Saturday mornings)
|Jan. 6||9 a.m. – Noon||Pre-Test|
|Jan. 13||9 a.m. – Noon||Math|
|Jan. 20||9 a.m. – Noon||Reading|
|Jan. 27||9 a.m. – Noon||Science|
|Feb. 3||9 a.m. – Noon||English|
|Feb. 10||9 a.m. – Noon||Post-Test|
NEW Online ACT Test Prep Course Option
This next-generation, self-paced learning program lets you supplement your testing readiness activities with remote online instruction.
- ACT SUCCESS Online includes:
- One year of access to lessons and video tutorials.
- Two full-length ACT tests or mini-tests for pre/post-testing.
- Three additional full-length practice tests to practice the strategies and skills learned.
- Video tutorial by an expert instructor with over 35 years of experience to help focus on proven strategies.
- The ability to review and take a test on the strategies taught to ensure you are prepared for additional practice.
- The ability to review the most necessary skills tested.
- The fee for the online course is $200.
- Registration is ongoing.
- No textbooks are required.
- Note: Upon registration, it may take 3-5 business days for enrollment to be processed.
Upcoming ACT Test Dates
- 2017: June 10, Sept. 9, Oct. 28, and Dec. 9
- 2018: Feb. 10, April 14, and June 9
Improve your ACT test score!
Through the UW Oshkosh ACT Prep Courses, students have improved their ACT Composite scores. The ACT Composite score is tallied on a scale up to 36 points.
- Winter 2016: The average class increase was 2.3 points.
- Spring 2015: The average class increase was 2.2 points.
- Fall 2014: The average class increase was 1.8 points.
$200 Fall 2017 or Winter 2018 Session
The fee includes the ACT SUCCESS textbook, official retired ACT pre- and post-tests, and analysis and instruction in the four content areas. Course materials are provided by the Academic Tutoring Center.
Class size is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. You will only be guaranteed a seat when your registration form and payment are received. We urge you to register early.
There are limited scholarships available. Please contact Jason Hubbard, Program Manager, for more information via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at (920) 424-1131.
Questions: Call Online and Continuing Education at (920) 424-1129 or toll-free at (800) 633-1442.
Registration Deadline: Your registration is requested 10 days prior to the start date of each program, or until the class has been filled, whichever comes first. After this date, please call Online and Continuing Education (920) 424-1129 or (800) 633-1442 to determine program availability.
Note: Fee payment must be received by the registration deadline.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received 10 full business days or more before the start of a program will receive a full refund, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations received less than 10 full business days before the program begins. UW Oshkosh reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment, as well as the right to limit enrollment due to excessive demand.
If you need special assistance and/or accommodations, please notify us by the registration deadline. All requests will be kept confidential.
UW Oshkosh is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution.