Prepare for the ACT Exam!
NEW! Offered Online
Fall & Winter: Saturday mornings on the UW Oshkosh Campus
|Online (Enroll Anytime)||Click here to register online today|
|Fall 2017: Oct. 14–Nov. 18||Click here to register online today|
|Winter 2018: Jan. 6–Feb. 10||Click here to register online today|
A strong performance on the ACT can make the difference in gaining admittance to or receiving financial aid for your top college choices. Give yourself the edge you need to direct your own future by attending the UW Oshkosh ACT Test Prep Course!
The ACT contains four curriculum-based tests that measure academic achievement in English, reading, math and science reasoning. Through the UW Oshkosh ACT prep program, you will strengthen your academic skills and learn test-taking strategies that will prepare you for the ACT. This course will help you gain acceptance to the college of your choice and receive academic scholarships.
This program provides 12 hours of instruction in the four academic areas and teaches writing strategies to assist students in the essay part of the ACT exam. Participants will get an orientation to the ACT, will have the opportunity to take two official retired ACT tests and will take additional quizzes. The instructors will teach test-taking strategies for each of the components and for the entire test, and students will practice with printed materials where test-taking tips can be applied and reinforced. Finally, students will complete interactive skill drills in their individual deficit areas, which are measured by the diagnostic test.
- Take an official, retired ACT test that will determine areas where help is needed most and customize the course curriculum based on students’ test results. Receive a detailed analysis of the test, showing strengths and weaknesses.
- Receive and use a textbook containing modules for test anxiety, time management, applying for college, basic skills review, test-taking strategies, exercises and quizzes.
- Learn powerful test-taking strategies for each test section and question type, frequently-tested concepts and question patterns, specific test structure and scoring methods for each of four academic areas: reading, math, English and science reasoning.
- Reinforce the strategies learned through interactive skill drills and multiple quizzes. Be introduced to the new essay component of the ACT test and learn basic skills necessary to complete that portion of the test (English section).
- Take a final, official retired ACT test and receive a detailed computer analysis for comparison with the pre-test. Be able to use the data from the final test to prepare for the actual ACT exam.
More about our NEW Online ACT Test Prep Course Option
This next-generation, self-paced learning program lets you supplement your testing readiness activities with remote online instruction.
- Cambridge Victory Online includes:
- 5 Months of Access to Lessons
- Knowledge Measuring Quizzes
- Timed Warm-Up Tests for Each Subject
- Class Grade Book & Progress Tracking
- The fee for the online course is $200.
- Registration is ongoing.
- No textbooks are required.
- Note: Upon registration, it may take 3-5 business days for enrollment to be processed.
Fall 2017 ACT Test Prep Course Schedule (Saturday mornings)
|Oct. 14||9 a.m. – Noon||Pre-Test|
|Oct. 21||9 a.m. – Noon||Reading|
|Oct. 28||9 a.m. – Noon||English|
|Nov. 4||9 a.m. – Noon||Science|
|Nov. 11||9 a.m. – Noon||Math|
|Nov. 18||9 a.m. – Noon||Post-Test|
Winter 2018 ACT Test Prep Course Schedule (Saturday mornings)
|Jan. 6||9 a.m. – Noon||Pre-Test|
|Jan. 13||9 a.m. – Noon||Math|
|Jan. 20||9 a.m. – Noon||Reading|
|Jan. 27||9 a.m. – Noon||Science|
|Feb. 3||9 a.m. – Noon||English|
|Feb. 10||9 a.m. – Noon||Post-Test|
Upcoming ACT Test Dates
- 2017: April 8, June 10, Sept. 9, Oct. 28, and Dec. 9
- 2018: Feb. 10, April 14, and June 9
Improve your ACT test score!
Through the UW Oshkosh ACT Prep Courses, students have improved their ACT Composite scores. The ACT Composite score is tallied on a scale up to 36 points.
- Winter 2016: The average class increase was 2.3 points.
- Spring 2015: The average class increase was 2.2 points.
- Fall 2014: The average class increase was 1.8 points.
$200 Fall 2017 or Winter 2018 Session
The fee includes the Cambridge ACT Victory textbook, official retired ACT pre- and post-tests, and analysis and instruction in the four content areas. Course materials are provided by Cambridge Educational Services.
Class size is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. You will only be guaranteed a seat when your registration form and payment are received. We urge you to register early.
There are limited scholarships available. Please contact Jason Hubbard, Program Manager, for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 424-1131.
Questions: Call Lifelong Learning and Community Engagement at (920) 424-1129 or toll-free at (800) 633-1442.
Registration Deadline: Your registration is requested 10 days prior to each program start date, or until the class has been filled, whichever comes first. After this date, please call Lifelong Learning and Community Engagement (920) 424-1129 or (800) 633-1442 to determine program availability.
Note: Fee payment must be received by the registration deadline.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received 10 full business days or more before the start of a program will receive a full refund, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations received less than 10 full business days before the program begins. UW Oshkosh reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment, as well as the right to limit enrollment due to excessive demand.
If you need special assistance and/or accommodations, please notify us by the registration deadline. All requests will be kept confidential.
UW Oshkosh is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution.