Fire & Emergency Response Management
The UW Oshkosh Fire & Emergency Response Management program has earned the Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education(FESHE) recognition certificate.
Search and Apply for scholarships managed by UW Oshkosh colleges and departments with the “Academic Works” website. Click the button below to learn more.
Candice E. Tylke Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2008 in memory of Candice E. Tylke, a UW Oshkosh alumna who graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science in Biology in 1994. Candice was a veteran firefighter and paramedic in Beloit, Wis. and had experience as a flight paramedic as well. She was the first female firefighter graduate from Madison Area Technical College and continued to be a positive example for all throughout her life. She was a long time member of the International Association of Fire Fighters and the International Association of Flight Paramedics. She died July 26, 2008 at the age of 42.
Students can apply for this scholarship using the UW Oshkosh Academic Works scholarship application form. In the search bar, search for “Candice Tylke” and then click on the scholarship link.
- Applicants must be admitted to the Bachelor of Applied Studies Fire and Emergency Response Management program at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, and they must be enrolled in six credits per semester at the time they receive the award. Those applicants with prior experience in the fire science/paramedic service will be given preference.
- First priority will be given to female applicants; second priority will be given to fire science graduates of the Madison Area Technical College; and third priority employees of Beloit, Wisconsin or St. Francis, Wisconsin Fire Departments.
- Applicants will submit a personal narrative of 500 words describing why they are qualified for the award, including leadership and community service to their communities/departments, a description of financial need and their career goals.
- Applications are accepted through the Academic Works scholarship website. Just search for “Candice Tylke” in the search bar, and click on the scholarship link in the search results.
- Selection will be completed by the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Division of Online and Continuing Education
- The scholarship will be $1,500, with $750 credited to the recipient’s tuition obligation incurred at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh for each of the next two semesters.
- Recipients must be enrolled in at least six credits per semester at the time they receive the award.
- Recipients are eligible to reapply for the award for a maximum of $3,000.
- Students will apply during the spring semester, with award payout beginning in the subsequent fall semester. The award is split between fall and spring. (i.e. apply in spring 2015, awarded fall 2015 and spring 2016)
If you would like more information on the scholarship, or if you have questions, please contact the FERM program manager, Cindy Brun, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 424-1458.
CONTACT AN ADVISOR
The UW Oshkosh FERM program is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The program is also accredited by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC), which is a nonprofit system of fire service certification programs and higher education fire-related degree programs.