Leadership and Organizational Studies Certificate
IMPROVE YOUR LEADERSHIP SKILLS
Boost your career potential with a certificate!
Today’s employers are looking for professionals who have demonstrated leadership skills and who can work in a complex organizational setting. Give your career momentum a boost with our online Leadership and Organizational Studies certificate!
Core Courses (3 courses)
The core Leadership and Organizational Studies certificate courses focus on a proper foundation of leading within a complex organization. Students are required to complete the following courses:
- Introduction to Liberal Studies
- Introduction to Leadership
- Introduction to Organizational Administration
Elective Courses (3 courses)
Students select the remaining three courses from a list of available options. Select a topic that is most interesting to you or choose to focus on an area that you want to improve. Choose three courses from this list:
- Intercultural Communication
- Writing with Purpose
- Web of the Future
- Business and Professional Speaking
- Transformative Leadership
- Collaborative Leadership
- Conflict Resolution
- Project Planning and Implementation
Students who wish to enroll in the Leadership and Organizational Studies program must have already completed one of the approved Associate of Applied Studies (AAS) from a Wisconsin Technical College. Some exceptions will be made. If you wish to discuss an exception tot his requirement, please contact us at (920) 424-0234 or toll-free at (800) 633-1442. You may also email email@example.com.
If that requirement is met, or if you have been granted an exception, students can apply to the program by submitting the following application materials:
- Unofficial transcripts for your AAS degree
- Unofficial transcripts for any other college you attended
- A completed Application Form
You can mail your materials to us at:
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Division of Online and Contiuing Education
800 Algoma Boulevard
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Applying as a Special Student
Prior to submitting the online application, we encourage you to connect with an advisor for the Leadership and Organizational Studies certificate program to make sure you understand the admissions requirements. Call (920) 424-0234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org If you want to enroll in a certificate program at UW Oshkosh, you must apply as a Special Student. Special Student status means that you are not seeking a degree.
- You will apply to UW Oshkosh using the online UW System application or downloadable PDF application. Select either “visitor/guest student at the undergraduate level” or “undergraduate courses for personal/professional enrichment” when applying.
- You do not pay the UW System $50 application fee.
- There is no $100 enrollment deposit needed for special students. You will be able to enroll without additional paperwork on the enrollment date assigned for special students. (Typically 4–6 weeks prior to the start of the semester you’re applying for.)
If you’re interested in this program or would like to know more, please contact UW Oshkosh at (920) 424-0234 or toll free at (800) 633-1442. You can also request information by completing this online form.